Friday 11 January 2013

The Great Wave off Kanagawa

The Great Wave off Kanagawa
  
The teacher showed us this artwork last week and the moment I saw it I immediately knew I wanted to do something with it. I mostly like it because whereas usually for stormy seascapes artists use darker and grayed out blues, Hokusai used clear blues and white. I have also always been a fan of oriental cultures and wood block prints but I’ve never seen this one until recently. It reminds me of Hawaii, it looks more like one of those waves people surf on rather than a wave in a storm. This is something I will definitely be incorporating in some way or another in my final concept, I’m still not 100% sure how as I have many ideas how this can be adapted, but I will definitely be using this.

References:

No comments:

Post a Comment