Friday 11 January 2013

Guinness Surfer Ad


I found this video on Youtube as I was searching for wave scenes to tie in with the two artworks in my last two blogs and I found this one – I feel it incorporates them both very well – especially the second one.

Guinness Surfer Ad.
 

Guinness has always been known for its iconic advertisements – and this was an award winning one back in 1998. It was part of the “Good things come to those who wait” campaign during that year. It shows that a surfer waiting for the perfect wave and a person waiting for the perfect pint of Guinness are the same. The anticipation and feeling of reward are the same. One could argue that they are depicting the perfect pint of Guinness as a natural occurrence like a wave and just as frothy. I don’t know how this could be helpful in my design for my final concept but I just thought it was a really good adaptation of ‘The Great Wave off Kanagawa’ and ‘The Horses of Neptune’ from two static images to two moving ones.

References:

Alltmor, 2008. Guinness Surfer Ad (with Horses) 1998. [Video online] Available at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9znA_dwjHw [Accessed 8th December 2012]

 

No comments:

Post a Comment